Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Loving With Purpose

It almost seems that in our current generation, people are rushed when it comes to love. Whether it's finding love or making love or falling in love, people seem to have this fear of never experiencing the true meaning of love. I think that this fear of not finding love is what causes so many people to experience the heartbreak that they always try to avoid. As cheesy as it may sound, I really liked a quote that came from the movie Wedding Crashers: "Love is your souls recognition of its counterpart in another". I completely agree with this statement, but the weird part is that it doesnt seem like most people do. If love it truly something that is based on a spiritual level or even a deep personal level, why would it matter if weve been in 1 or 100 relationships before we find the "one"?
Especially among young men of our generation, love has become somewhat of a social taboo. With phrases like "whipped" and "wuss" and "player", it seems to desensitize the idea of love to the point where it is no longer a spiritual thing, but instead it becomes a surface emotion that can be disposed of easily. This is not what love is about. I personally can't say that I have ever been in love, but if I had to describe it I would say that it is every single one of the worlds emotions enmeshed into one.
Every emotion in this world has its root placed in love. Anger: A hateful love. Confusion: Questioned love. Happiness: realization and appreciation of love. All emotions that we experience on a daily basis are brought about because of love, but the real treasure is when you find another person who causes you to feel all these emotions, ALL AT ONCE. How many people can you really say make you happy, sad, confused, angry, aroused, excited, and depressed all at once? This answer should not be a list and highly doubt that it will really ever reach more than one.
This is exactly my point. We should not be dating people for the purpose of adding more prospective lovers to our list, but instead we should date people because we are really searching, and if they are not meant for you, then why drag it out? With the latest age for sex being somewhere in the mid to low teens, its almost ridiculous to even think that maybe even a fraction of a percent of those people who are doing it could possibly be in love, let alone KNOW what love is. I'm not saying not to have sex, or not to date, but instead I am saying that people should never forget the true meaning of love. And that love is not something to ever be taken for granted. People should never stop searching for love because just like a roller coaster or skydiving or anything else that's exciting and worth experiencing, love tops that list. Make sure to never forget what love is, and to never mistake or let yourself be convinced that the wrong one is who you want to share your love with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment